Friday, August 17, 2007

Zambrano Signs Extension With Cubs [David Stefanini]

It looks as if one of the biggest names in free agency this upcoming off season has been taken off the market. Carlos Zambrano and the Chicago Cubs have agreed on a 5 year extension worth roughly 91 million dollars. Here is MLB.com with more:

Carlos Zambrano's long wait paid off. The Chicago Cubs' talented and emotional ace agreed Friday to a $91.5 million, five-year contract extension that features a 2013 option that could make the deal worth $110.75 million over six seasons.

Zambrano skipped a shot at free agency and its lucrative payday to stay with the only club he's ever known.

"Not everything is about money, you know," Zambrano said. "I know if I got to free agency there were a lot of things that would come to me and offer me. I feel comfortable here. I feel good here and my family feels good here."

Labels: , ,