Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Super Bowl XLI: Media Day - The Hype, The Sights and The Quotes [J. Mark English]


“It is wild like a circus here...It is a great feeling because this is what I have dreamed about and I am having fun and enjoying it.”
- Danieal Manning, Bears, Safety

“I'm exhausted already...One of the guys wanted me to do something – I don’t know what he was talking about...I was going to stand there. He was going to run up behind me and ask a bunch of questions. I was like, 'It’s too much work. It’s too much work.’" - Raheem Brock, Colts, Defensive Tackle

“Every one is strange to me. Just that someone is actually asking me questions is pretty strange.” - Olin Kreutz, Bears, Center


“This is ridiculous..." - Rob Morris, Colts, Linebacker

“It’s nuts, it’s crazy, it really is...It’s a dream come true for me and I think for a lot of my teammates. The biggest thing is we’re all enjoying the time here, but we also know that it’s a business trip.” - Robbie Gould, Bears, Kicker

“If you can’t enjoy this, you’re not enjoying the moment."
- Dallas Clark, Colts, Tight End


“It started in the locker room, when you see the Super Bowl patch on your jersey...You realize you’re here, this is the real deal. Then you see all the media people here, too. The drive to the stadium, I remember that drive so many times. I pass the stadium all the time in the offseason. To come here and be a part of this is a little unreal right now.” - Adewale Ogunleye, Bears, Defensive End



“Everybody’s so excited, and you’re excited...You pull up the stadium and see the “X,” “L,” “I,” and you’re like, 'Man, I’m here.’...You have to suppress that energy throughout the week so that you’re not spending too much energy emotionally early. On Sunday night, that emotion and that energy is going to spill out.” - Cato June, Colts, Linebacker

“The field is sweet...It’s nice turf. I haven’t seen a field like this in I don’t know how long. Obviously, all the media’s here, that’s a big thing. My teammates all have their cameras out, filming everything, so that’s a little different. But this is a great opportunity for us to get on a national stage and do well.” - Brian Urlacher, Bears, Middle Linebacker


“I just want to remember all of this...I want to see the stadium, the locker room, the bus rides, the meals, the plane ride. This is something I think I’m going to cherish for a long time. I just want to soak it up.” - Ryan Lilja, Colts, Offensive Guard


“I love this scene...I think one of the best things about this scene is it’s us. It’s all of us up here. There are a lot of teams that work to get here and to actually be here is special. It’s amazing to be a part of this. I’m trying to take everything in and enjoy every moment of this, and what better city to do it than Miami?” - Lance Briggs, Bears, Linebacker


“The media hype is all that it is played out to be...This is Tuesday and they were already picking an MVP on ESPN this morning. It just blows me away. I think guys just wanted to come out today and yesterday and kind of enjoy the Super Bowl atmosphere....To be honest with you, I haven’t watched it in a few years, because I’ve always been a little bitter that it wasn’t us." - Ryan Lilja again...

“Getting injured is part of the game...There’s really nothing they can say. They can’t understand what the injured guys are going through because they’re not injured. I’m just excited for them. It’s not about me. It’s not about the guys that are injured. It’s about the guys that are preparing to play for the game. We wished them all the best of luck...I’m going to be the biggest fan out there for them. I’ve got the best seat in the house, so it’s going to be fun to watch.” - Mike Brown, Bears, Safety - will not play due to injury.

“I didn’t know it was going to be like this, though...I just wanted to film everything from when we started coming into the stadium, outside the stadium, then coming in with everybody in their booths. I got some of the defensive line walking into the stadium. I got everybody talking to the media. I just wanted to record everything. It’s fun. You just want to take it all in." - Raheem Brock again...

Labels: , , ,