Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Condoleezza Rice as Commish?

Secretary Condoleezza Rice has repeatedly said on Meet the Press with Tim Russert that it has been her desire to be the next NFL commissioner:
"I think the NFL is really a terrific institution. I’d love to be associated with it someday." -2002
"Tim, I’m going off to be commissioner of NFL, remember?" - 2003
"I think Paul Tagliabue is doing a fine job as NFL commissioner, but I look forward to the day that he decides to retire and I, I very much think that the, the best job in America’s got to be NFL commissioner." - 2004
So now,that Mr. Tagliabue has retired, will the Madam Secretary keep her word?
"I still think the best job in America maybe NFL commissioner. It’s a little too soon for me. I’ve got lots to do as secretary of state. I think if my ship came in, it’s going to have to leave the port without me."
Stay tuned...